There are few foods out there, in my opinion, that seem to be as widely loved than the chocolate chip cookie. The buttery, sweet treat seems to be perfect in any form: hot out of the oven (my favorite), out of Grandma’s cookie tin, or as an ice cream sandwich on a summer day. Even the raw, uncooked dough is appealing – who hasn’t grabbed a spoonful of dough before the cookies are put in the oven??
The bad news: chocolate chip cookie dough isn’t usually good for you. There’s a lot of refined ingredients, processed butter/sugar…you get the picture.
The good news: With a little creativity, you can recreate the same kind of flavor without wrecking your nutrition for the day! This is one of my favorite recipes for when I’m craving that comforting, nostalgic treat. BONUS: they taste AMAZING when you heat them up in the microwave for 30 seconds!
Cookie Dough Protein Ball Recipe
1. 1 cup almond flour
2. 1 cup regular peanut or almond butter
3. 1/3 cup honey
4. 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
5. 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
6. 1 tsp vanilla extract
7. 1 tsp butter buds OR butter extract
1. Combine all dry ingredients, minus dark chocolate chips, until well mixed.
2. Add in nut butter, honey, and extracts; mix with hands until well combined and one consistency.
3. Add in dark chocolate chips and mix.
4. Refrigerate for AT LEAST 30 MINUTES (this is IMPORTANT, y’all. Don’t skip it!)
5. Using your hands, form into balls – should make about 28 of them.
Cravings are a common struggle, which is why I have a FREE cravings-crusher e-book that you can download here!
Would you love some daily lessons with all the tips, tricks, and top-secret strategies I used to lose 80 pounds (and keep it off) – along with fun posts like these?? Check out my 30 Day Quickstart program here and use the code “30OFF2020” to get 30% off this client-favorite program!
Did you try these protein balls?? Let me know what you thought in the comments below!